Sunday, November 16, 2008

NaBloPoMo Day 16: Domestic

Dan and I got married in July of 2004, in my grandmother's church. One of the drawbacks to getting married there (beside the fact that it wasn't air-conditioned, and I was wearing a big, hot dress comprised of many layers of non-breathable, man-made fabric) was that the church was pretty strict about the music that they allowed. Nothing secular was permitted, which was fine with me because I wanted to walk down the aisle to Purcell's "Trumpet Voluntary."

Dan, however, wanted me to walk down the aisle to a song by a band called Domestic Problems from Grand Rapids, Michigan. The song was written by the lead singer for his own wedding.

My husband, as I'm sure I've mentioned before, is very much the sweetest, most adorable man on this earth. Here is Domestic Problems performing "Beautiful Girl." I choke up a little every time I hear it.

No comments: