Friday, November 16, 2007

NaBloPoMo Day 16: This Post Brought to you by the Letter B

Dan and I (and Max) had dinner tonight at a restaurant called The Greene Turtle. It was delicious, exactly the kind of neighborhood bar we've been trying to find since we left Michigan and the Main Street Pub, where Dan proposed to me (with a napkin ring initially, given the impromptu nature of the proposal), and where we used to eat a couple of nights a week--Dan was working in the restaurant in the evenings and taking a grad class and most nights not getting home until after 11. The Greene Turtle is maybe half a mile from our condo, reasonably priced, and with excellent wings and drink specials. Just one more reason why our old neighborhood sorta sucks, and our new one really is just awesome.

"Bull Durham" is on AMC tonight. This is one of my very favorite baseball movies of all time, even if Kevin Costner is a self-indulgent jackass in real life.

Michigan!! For Christmas!! Trina and Gerry and Joy and Kyle!! There's something great about friends that knew you before you were a reasonable and responsible grownup. By far some of my favorite people. I'm starting to feel a little less meh about Christmas.

Max just got out of his big boy bed and came out to the living room. It's the first time he's done it, and he's been sleeping in it for three weeks. I walked him back to bed and tucked him back in without a word except "Night-night." He's back in bed now, but I have a sinking dread that this isn't going to be the last time we put him to bed more than once in a night. Anybody have any advice on how you convince a toddler that he wants to stay in bed?

I watched "The Departed" last weekend, and I have a wee crush on all of the following: Matt Damon, Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Wahlberg, Jack Nicholson, Alec Baldwin, and Martin Sheen. I also sort of love The Dropkick Murpheys. Yes indeed, Irish punk seems like just the thing to get sloppy drunk to. It could be because I am related to a number of Irish punks.

Happy weekend.

No comments: