Saturday, February 7, 2009

Day 7: Two Things

Yes, so I missed yesterday. I came home, laid down on the couch, and promptly fell asleep. I don't know what to tell you. Fatigue is kicking my ass this pregnancy, even more so than last time. I think it's because there's a 3-1/2-year-old already living here, which could make anyone tired.

So today, I will think of two random things about myself to make up for yesterday. As long as we're talking about it, I may even make them pregnancy-related.

1. When I was pregnant with Max, I craved chili-cheese dogs and graham crackers. I ate both a lot. With this one, whom we've nicknamed Ghostrider (yes, we have real names picked out, and I probably won't reveal them until Ghostrider makes an appearance, because otherwise, how will I get you to come back?), I am craving root vegetables in their least healthy forms: maple-brown sugar glazed carrots with pecans and bacon, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, beer-battered onion rings, raw radishes sprinkled with salt. Morning sickness also was a lot different with Max than it is with Ghostrider: with Max, I felt sick all day, every day, but just enough to make me feel terrible, not actually terrible enough to make me throw up. With Ghostrider, I feel terrible in the morning and the late afternoon, and I have actually been throwing up this time. Luckily, it's only been in the morning, when my stomach is empty. I hate to throw up.

2. I am one of the only people I know whose water actually broke without having to have it broken for them. I was in Sears at the time. We were coming back from my last doctor's appointment. It was two days before I was scheduled to be induced at 39 weeks, and we stopped to pick up Max's crib, which had been back-ordered. I was following Dan through the store, shuffling along, thinking about how uncomfortable I was, how tired of feeling uncomfortable I was, how I was tired of going to doctors and taking off my pants and having things put places where, frankly, things were already a little too crowded for my liking, and...you know, I really am uncomfortable, maybe more so than I was a minute ago, I just wish this would stop...and just like that, it stopped, and as it did, I felt a wet, hot explosion. That is exactly what it felt like, and I apologize for how graphic it sounds, but there is absolutely no other way to describe it, and I knew instantly what it was.

No comments: