Thursday, January 3, 2008

Thursday Thirteen Things I Want in 2008

1. A great, crafty project. I have a few going on, including glass marble magnets. I've recently become an Etsy fanatic and am full of unfulfilled inspiration.

2. Another baby. For God's sake, I needn't bring it up again really.

3. A new house. We are starting to look again after last fall's fiasco.

4. Financial solvency for a certain non-profit agency doing good, important, and necessary work. Lest I get Dooced, I won't be going into it, but suffice it to say that the company has taken extraordinarily desperate measures to bolster their income, and I am extremely concerned at the nature of the measures.

5. Some time and money to do some interesting travel. Dan and I are talking about having my mother or his mother or a combination of the two come out some time in the summer, and the two of us going to Amsterdam or Helsinki for a week or so.

6. Some patience, for goodness sake. I have so very little of it, and I live with a two-and-a-half-year old.

7. A new bed. I suspect that our bed is contributing to Dan's snoring, my insomnia, and both of our unbelievably sore necks.

8. To lose weight. Dan and I are both making an effort to eat healthy and move more.

9. To make it back to Michigan in September for Trina and Gerry's wedding. We are really looking forward to it.

10. Lower car insurance. We live in a better neighborhood now--shouldn't we pay less for insurance?

11. To be a better wife, mother, daughter, daughter-in-law, and friend. I am annoyingly pragmatic in my approach to my relationships and, combined with my lack of patience and my sort of half-assed social skills, I think that I have a tendency to hurt the feelings of people I love.

12. Better TV. This writers' strike is killing me.

13. The pasta dough rollers and cutters for the KitchenAid stand mixer that I got for Christmas.

No comments: